Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stormy Weather

It was raining out earlier and Mike and I sat in the car and watched the storm roll in over the river. We talked about life and worried about things that haven't even happened yet. Sometimes our life constantly feels stormy and I hate it. Worst of all I hate feeling helpless about things out of my control. But just when I feel like giving in to pessimistic thoughts, something happens to makes me realize I'm over reacting and I force myself to look on the bright side again. This time is was a weird dream where I was riding on a crazy train with Terri Irwin to a magical land that everyone told me I could never reach (how did this help me see the silver lining you ask? You had to be there.) The point is that it is important to remember that worrying about things you have no control over is wasted energy and sometimes it's best to just sit back on the crazy train of life, ignore the storms, and keep your eye on the prize. Or something like that.

-EM

No comments:

Post a Comment