Sunday, April 1, 2012

Challenging Myself

Mike and I have been working out for a while with weights and a Jillian Michaels video (Alexa's suggestion!) and we've been doing great. At first it was really hard because we are both pretty out of shape, but after sticking with it for a while it suddenly got easier and we have so much more energy (after the first day we had zero energy and had to take a break for several days because we were so sore lol).

As I mentioned before, we take long walks everyday as well. The walks are nice, but not very challenging. That's why I went out today and decided I was going to challenge myself. I'm not really at the point where I could start running or jogging, so I speed walked. Pretty fast actually. I was walking as fast and hard as I could without actually jogging lol. I went for two miles (listening to some fast paced Tom Petty songs really helped me keep my speed up and made it more fun) and pushed myself harder than I probably ever have before! I was very out of breath and sweaty when I got back home, but I felt great! :) I'm very proud of myself and can't wait to challenge myself tomorrow and see how far I can push myself!

(The picture is from right after my workout. Can't you tell I felt great? :p)

-EM


No comments:

Post a Comment